There are very few people in Overland Park, Kansas, or the surrounding areas that don’t need auto insurance and there are probably even fewer that understand it. Where there are few on that end of the spectrum, there are multitudes of auto insurance companies competing for our business. From big name, nationwide companies to local insurance companies, all claiming to have the cheapest auto insurance.
With each of them claiming that, how do you know you’re getting what you need and at the cheapest car insurance rate possible? Well, we have eight ways that can give you some guidance on this matter:
1. Never assume that one company is the cheapest auto insurance
If a company has a lot of commercials on the radio and television in the Lenexa, Leawood, or the Shawnee areas, they have to pay for that somehow. The truth is, not any insurance company can claim to be the cheapest because every driver has different needs and situations. Your only guarantee that you’re getting the best price is to shop around.
2. Take a look at your local and regional auto insurance companies
The four big guys in auto insurance are Allstate, Geico, Progressive and State Farm. You should note, however, the little guys, the local and regional insurers in and around Overland Park, KS, often have a better customer service rating, and sometimes they are lower. Give them a call.
3. As for discounts most insurers provide customers with different discounts. If they don’t offer it right up front, ask about the following, if they apply to you:
• Bundle auto and homeowner’s insurance
• Multiple cars
• A1 driving record
• Pay full premium amount in advance
• Online billing, documents
• Anti-theft and safety features on your vehicles
• Affiliate group or professional organization membership
Each company will have different discounts and depending on where you’re located, this can make a difference, too.
4. Keep your credit good by paying your bills
Your credit score is a significant factor when it comes to getting cheap car insurance quotes in Overland Park, Kansas as well as the suburbs of Lenexa, Leawood, or Shawnee.
5. Consider what your insurance cost will be before you buy your next car
While dependability, fuel efficiency, and maintenance costs are important when buying a new car, check what the cheapest auto insurance will be and what coverage is included.
6. Pass on the full coverage option for old or paid for cars
Your old clunker means the world to you, but do you really need full coverage that includes collision and comprehensive coverage? Both are only going to pay you what your car is worth on the market – not what it’s worth to you.
7. Take higher deductibles
If you are required by your lender to have both comprehensive and collision, you can take a higher deductible and save money to get cheap auto insurance.
8. If you don’t drive a lot, ask about usage-based auto insurance plans
If you have a great driving record and you don’t drive a lot, some of the insurance companies offer a usage-based policy that is a much cheaper auto insurance policy.